Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMSdelivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services,security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proudto serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal,state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions,schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation andtelecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing weare committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technologyand experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management andsupport services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond ourclients' expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that missionin every aspect of their work.
TheSecurity Officer provides services for a variety of large and small businessclients where health, safety and security is our #1 priority. This is a publicenvironment at the Downtown Transit Center and surrounding areas with thecorresponding levels of traffic (employees, visitors, customers, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Personally monitors eithervisually, electronically or audibly a variety of assigned areas, orgrounds by working in a variety of assignments including but not limitedto roving inside the facilities, roving in a vehicle, other locationsdeemed appropriate.
* Will monitor surrounding facilitiesto include but not limited to: parking garages, stairwells and busses.
* Ensures own actions and those ofothers observe maximum level of safety and compliance.
* Will at times use restraints toinclude but no limited to: hobbles, Tasers, handcuffs or other mechanicalrestraints.
* Will verbally de-escalatesituations to ensure the safety of fellow employees, customers andclients.
* Examines doors, windows, and otherareas of the facilities to determine they are secure.
* Reports and records data such asproperty damage, unusual occurrences, etc.in accordance with companypolicies and procedures.
* Warns violators of rule infractionsand may apprehend or expel violators.
* Notifies on site individuals ofvisitors wishing to see them.
* Assists in properly responding to avariety of emergencies or disasters in order to preserve life andproperty, including but not limited to fire safety, active shooterprotocol.
* May perform routine input ormonitoring of safety and life support computer programs.
* May issue and record ID badges.
* May check heating, lighting,sprinkling, security, ventilation, fire, etc., systems to make sure theyare operational.
* May also be combined withother position duties
* Notify supervisor if safetyand sanitation standards are not being met.
* Otherduties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may beassigned.
* Thisposition has no supervisory responsibilities.
* Highschool diploma or GED equivalent.
* Atleast two (2) years of security, law enforcement or military experience.
* A valid Driver'sLicense and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years tobe eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy.
* Must be able toobtain and pay the Alaska Guard License fee of $97.00 prior to beginningwork.
* Must be able to cooperate and work as partof a team with fellow employees, customers and clients.
* Must be able to make decisions in themoment with little to no supervision.
* Mustbe able to be on your feet for 12 hours per shift for the scheduled rotation.
* Must be able to work a rotational one (1) week on / one (1) week off schedule.
* Contractrequires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
* Mustmeet and adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations set forth by thecompany and client.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather:Indoor/Outdoor. Frequently exposed toarctic conditions.
Noiselevel: Moderate to Loud
Descriptionof environment: This is a public environment located at the Downtown TransitCenter.
Mustconstantly be able to stand, sit, walk, climb, push, pull use hands and arms, stoop,kneel and crouch.
Physicalrequirements: Must be able to lift and move up to 50lbs. Must be able to work arotational week on / week off schedule with 12 hour shifts.
* Customer Service -Provides outstanding customer service; manages difficult or emotionalsituations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to request forservice and assistance; meets commitments in a timely manner.
* InterpersonalSkills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listensto others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains opento other ideas.
* Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations;listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstratesgroup presentation skills; participates in meetings.
* WrittenCommunication - Writes incident, logs and other reports clearly; able toread and interpret written information.
Safetyguides our behavior.
Honestyand integrity govern our activities.
Commitmentsmade will be fulfilled.
Allindividuals are treated with dignity and respect.
Theenvironment will be protected and sustained.
EqualOpportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMSis an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders ofNANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
Itis NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physicalassessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance withcompany and/or contract requirements.
Ifyou are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance oran accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request bytelephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with anaccommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order toaccess our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic optionsare listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilitiesneeding accessibility assistance.
Torequest an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-###-####
Torequest an accommodation by email, contact us at ...@nana.com
Associated topics: casino, countermeasure, guard, protection, public safety officer, safety report, school, secure, tsa, watchman